11.04.2013

i'm resilient, i'm a good mom

we're sitting on the ugly couch and he says, "let's go to bed."
"i can't yet."
monday is sitting on my chest.
i'll wake up and it will all start again.
tears start falling out of my face, but i'm not really crying. it's weird.

intern year is sucking the life out of me.
guh. that sounds so dramatic. but this is hard. not may&june 2013 hard (that shiz was unreal #ptsd). but hard like...hard.
but, you guys, things are ok because i'm in therapy and my therapist tells me to list reasons why i'm a good mom and i believe her when she tells me i'm a good mom. she also tells me i'm resilient, and to make photography a priority...even if it's just with my phone for instagram.

i'm a good mom because
i take my kids on adventures
i take phone pictures so they can remember it
i let them eat their favorite food, cereal, for dinner often
etc

 

anyway, decordova phonetography...

  









good night.

5 comments:

  1. i'm glad you believe her. you are the best mom. and i love your good mom poetry. post more?

    your big camera can enjoy its nice long nap. your iphoneography is gorgeous and perfectly reflects your life right now. your medium is part of the story of raising three way cool kids during intern year, going on amazing field trips, climbing on sculptures, snuggling ivybaby, walking to school. two thumbs up for the phone pics, seriously. and who even takes three kids to a contemporary sculpture garden? you're the coolest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. You do hard things all the time. And I think you're an amazing photographer and a wonderful friend and a thinker and a lover and a genuinely GOOD person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If taking good pictures translates into good parenting then you are freaking mother of the year!!! And you ARE, for so much more than that. You are loving these kids and meeting their needs while your husband slaves away. You really are amazing. Believe that because it's true. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Abbie! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're an incredible mother and someone I admire so much. I want to pattern my parenting after you! I miss you and I hope you're doing ok. Med school sucks.

    ReplyDelete