- Took the the most beautiful train ride ever EVER from Geneva to Lausanne. I can not emphasize BEAUTIFUL enough.
- Checked into the cleanest hotel of the trip with the nicest hotel lady.
- Walked around old town, did a bit of shopping and ate lunch at a mall cafeteria and IT WAS SO GOOD.
- FDubs saw a sign that said "Funtastic" and didn't even take a picture. He also went to the lake front and bought pastries while I slept in the next morning.
- Took the train to...
- Walked around a bit and then hopped on the bus to get to Chateau de Chillon (which is going have a it's very own post because that castle is amazing! And I took loads o' photos).
- Participated in the greatness that is the Montreaux Jazz Festival. Ever heard about it? It's kind of a big deal. Unfortunately we missed everyone great, but it was fun to see the preaching unicyclist.
- Back to Lausanne to sleep, then off to...
- I loved Fribourg with all my heart. We just walked around and took pictures. It's just the most cutetastic little place you've ever seen...other than the park where all the drug dealers hang out - we don't recommend picnicking there. Oh, and the funicular was wretchedly sticky, but other than that Fribourg was great great great.
- We went into a church (Cathedral of Santa Claus, I mean St. Nicholas) where we had an amazing conversation about obedience, the love of God, the restored gospel, religion of all kinds, mercy & justice. You could say I had a few, to quote Oprah, ah-ha! moments in that Catherdral. It was awe-inspiring.
- AND FDubs totally got interviewed for Swiss radio! Radio Suisse Romande, public radio in French Switzerland - he's basically famous.
Please enjoy every photo. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
It was so good!
(I know, I know we're not officially talking about food yet. Why did I make that rule...? I swear I had a good reason.)
He used to unicycle for his own pride, now he does it for Jesus.
Can anyone make this for me? Please? I fell in love and am kinda kicking myself for not buying it.
SOOC! Ah, I love when photos turn out the way I want them to!
A crowd at the Montreux Jazz Festival. I have no idea who's on the stage.
This is right after I complained and he said, "give me your backpack," and I was like "no, I'm fine," and then he said, "just give it to me," and then I was all, "fine! I love you times a million billion, so much that I'll buy you a slushi."
Glad we packed light!
And that's when he was interviewed by Swiss Radio! He was asked if he was familiar with that area of Fribourg and if he was surprised to see a 4-wheeler on the streets there. Huh?
I'll take that one.
The oldest bridge EVER. Okay, not really, I just kept losing track of what was the oldest and how old it was and what was older. It is really old though.
I wish the guy taking this picture could have taken the one of us in front of the Eiffel Tower (that picture was awful, notice I haven't posted it).
Plants or Flowers in Everyone's Windows Always
- that's the new cause I'm passionate about.
Thanks again for carrying my stuff! And making sure we stayed hydrated. And being patient with my bladder size.
Tomorrow Chateau de Chillon!