We loooooved Florence. It was incredibly romantic and just a beautiful little city. The art, the evening strolls, the gelato! We enjoyed every second.
Florence Day One:
- Ate a delicious lunch - Forrest's favorite of Florence. We were the only Americans there and our waiter was wearing a Strand Bookstore t-shirt - it was fun to chat with him about NY.
- Uffizi Gallery! to see amazing art including the Birth of Venus.
- Hiked up to the Piazzale Michelangelo to see beautiful Florence from above.
- Ate dinner - we sat next to a French family and it took everything in me to not ask if I could hold their baby.
- More Gelato and a super romantic walk around the Uffizi courtyard.
Florence Day Two:
- A tour of the Duomo inside and out - the place is awesome.
- Accademia to see the David! Oh my, it was amazing! You can't take your eyes off him. Michelangelo is incredible.
- Another delicious lunch and more gelato.
- A Renaissance walk which included a lot of great things and took us across the Ponte Vecchio.
- Shopping at Mercato Centrale and H&M (F: "why are going to H&M? we can go to H&M anytime." A: "because we don't have a stroller!")
- Siesta and then more gelato for dinner.
- A romantic stroll down Via del Calzaiuoli.
- And then a surprise concert at the Piazza Signoria. It was magical!
- The next morning we ran to the train station and barely caught our train again. It really is a rush to almost miss your train.
Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo. So beautiful, right?
Eating gelato in the Uffizi courtyard.
View of the Ponte Vecchio from the Uffizi.
All your hotel essentials.
Crushing on Leonardo.